CUET is an exam which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The candidate who are interested in seeking admission in universities for various UG courses should go through the CUET Exam Pattern And Marking Scheme. In this blog you will get to know about the whole exam pattern, marking scheme, type of questions, mode of exam, total marks and the exam duration of CUET UG exam.
If you want to crack this exam you should gain understanding of the CUET exam pattern. Having a good understanding of all the things related to this exam will help you to prepare well and score better. Read the whole blog to get the complete understanding about the CUET exam pattern 2022.
Highlights of CUET Exam Pattern
- The mode of exam is online (computer-based test).
- There are two slots for this exam. The duration of slot one is 3 hours 15 minutes and the duration of slot 2 is 3 hours 45 minutes. These may vary as per the choice of sections.
- There are a total of four sections in the whole exam.
- One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer and there is no mark deduction for unanswered questions.
- The level of this exam is based on class 12th.
- There are 13 different languages in which the candidates can give this exam they are Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Odia Bengali Assamese, Punjabi, English, Hindi and Urdu.
- There are total of 9 tests that are conducted but they are optional. (Two languages, six domain specific subject, one general test or three languages, five domains specific subjects and one general test)
CUET Exam Pattern 2022
This exam will be conducted in two slots as said above. The duration of first slot is between 45 to 195 minutes and for second slot it is 45 to 225 minutes depending upon the number of test you have to give.
The CUET 2023 paper consists of one language test, 1 general test and two domain specific papers. It also contains full domain specific subjects and option language subjects.
There are a total of three sections, the section one consists of 50 questions, section 2 also consists of 50 questions and section 3 is a General test which consists of 75 questions.
Exam Structure and Marking Scheme for CUET 2022
Slot 1 exam pattern and CUET marking scheme
- Language section (any of the 13 languages opted in section 1A). You have to attempt 40 out of 50 questions and you will be rewarded 5 marks for every correct answer that means maximum marks of this paper will be 200. The duration of exam will be 45 minutes per language.
- Domain specific subjects (Max. 2 subjects). It also has the same structure like language section having 50 questions out of which you have to attempt 40 questions and each question carries 5 marks that means total maximum marks will be 200. The duration of this exam will be 45 minutes per subject.
- General test
A total of 75 questions are there out of which you have to attempt 60 questions. Each question carries 5 marks that means a total of 300 marks. Duration of this exam will be for 60 minutes.
Slot 2 exam pattern and CUET marking scheme 2022
- Language section (any one of the remaining to a languages afternoon section 18 and one from section 1 week as applicable). A total of 40 questions should be attempted out of 50 and each question carries 5 marks that means total of 200 marks. That duration is 45 minutes per language.
- Domain specific subjects (Max. 4 subjects) 40 questions should be attempted out of 50 and each question carries 5 marks show the paper will be of total 200 marks and the duration of this paper will also be 45 minutes per subject.
Marking Scheme of CUET
- 5 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- There is no negative marking of un-attempted questions.
Exam day guideline
- Reach the exam center at least one hour before. The candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam centre before 30 minutes as the gates will be closed 30 minutes before the exam starts.
- Double check all your documents and carry the hard copy of CUET admit card with an authorized photo ID.
- Carefully attempt the questions because there is negative marking for every wrong answer.
So this was all about the CUET Exam Pattern And Marking Scheme. You can definitely apply for this if you aspire to give this exam. We, The India result wish you all the best for this examination and you can check out our website for different types of notifications released for different government job vacancies like Banking, Railways, Army, Police and other various sectors.
ALSO READ:- Tips For CUCET Preparation In One Month