Nowadays security of the country and wars are not fought with simple old weapons, and this is where this special branch comes into action in the Indian Army
Candidates with special skills and knowledge are needed to maintain and operate large collections of modern weaponry, vehicles, equipment raising the need for people with knowledge and skills in the army who could be recruited in technical branches to take care of that equipment and weapons.
Candidates form a science background and aptitude for electrical, mechanical and other technical fields. The selection is done through recruitment rallies held at different locations in India throughout the year.
So, every year a large number of candidates are recruited for the technical department.
Soldiers Technical are mainly recruited for branches like Technical Arms, Artillery, Army Air Defence
Of all the trades In the Indian Army, technical trade is considered as one of the toughest. Only 3 out of 10 candidates clear Army Technical Entry. In this article complete details about height and age limit is mentioned below make sure you check it.
Also Check: Indian Army Clerk Bharti
#Indian Army Soldier Technical Application Form
All The Indian Army Technical Entry application forms to join Indian army are only filled and submitted online for all Indian Army Soldier Technical recruitment rallies.
You Can contact your nearest Branch Recruiting Office or Zonal Recruiting Office for more details if you need.
Recruitment Rallies date, time, venue and all the important is mentioned in the official notification for Indian Army Recruitment rally and is also published in leading vernacular newspapers/Employment News.
#Army Soldier Technical Recruitment Process 2021
- Documentation checking
- Physical Measurement
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Test
- Written Examination/ Common Entrance Exam ( CEE)
- Merit List is Prepared
- Enrollment of Selected Candidates according to merit list
#Important Dates for Soldier Technical 2021
All the important dates in concern with the recruitment of Army Soldier Technical according to respective regions will be updated in respective notification section for the concerned recruitment rally on our website.
- 10th class certificate which shows the date of birth
- 10th/12th Class marks sheet
- Character Certificate signed by village sarpanch (certificate should not be more than six months old)
- Domicile/Nativity certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if relevant).
- Dependent Certificate ( in case of the son of Ex-servicemen/ War Widow/Widow ). This should be issued by the SRO/CRO of the record office with the official’s S.No, Name, and Application of the officer signing the certificate affixed with a round stamp.
- Certificate of Outstanding Sportsman (if relevant)
- NCC Certificate (A/B/C Certificate) (if NCC Cadet) signed by Battalion Commander/Group Commander
#Eligibility Criteria for Soldier Technical 2021
- Nationality: Indian citizens (including those of Nepal) are also eligible.
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Age: Minimum 17 years 06 months to 23 years maximum.
- Educational Qualification for Soldier Technical: Passed 10+2 or Intermediate examination passed in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English with a minimum 50% aggregate of the subject and at least 40% in each subject.
- Fee Structure of Soldier Technical Exam: No Application fee is charged.
- Salary of Indian Army Technical Soldier: Not disclosed on the official Join Indian Army website but an attractive army technical salary package and allowance is given to soldiers who fall in the technical category. (salary will be as per Indian army Norms) army technical salary
#Physical Standards for Army Soldier Technical 2021
|Region||States||Height in (Cms)||Weight in (Kgs)||Chest in (Cms)|
|Western Himalayan Region||J&K, HP, Punjab Hills (Area South & West of the Inter state Border between HP & Punjab and North and east of road of Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garhshankar, Ropar ) Garhwal & Kumaon regions of Uttranchal.||163||48||77+5 (after expansion)|
|Eastern Himalayan Region||Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya , Assam , Arunachal Pradesh , Sikkim and Hill Region of West Bengal (Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts)||157||48||77+5 (after expansion)|
|Western Plains Region||Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh , Delhi , Rajasthan and Western UP ( Meerut and Agra Division)||170||50||77+5 (after expansion)|
|Eastern Plains Region||Eastern UP, Bihar, West Bengal and Orissa||169||50||77+5 (after expansion)|
|Central Region||Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Gujarat Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar-Haveli, Daman and Diu||167||50||76+5 (after expansion)|
|Southern Region||Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa And Pondicherry||165||50||77+5 (after expansion)|
|Indian Domicile Gorkhas||157||48||77+5 (after expansion)|
|Tribals of authorized tribal areas||162||48||77+5 (after expansion)|
#Relaxation in Physical Standards
Relaxation in Physical Standards is for below mentioned candidates qualifying any one of the below mentioned categories.
Note: The sports certificate issued by authorized sports federations are valid for two years from the issued date as on first day of the recruitment rally, for which the candidate is being screened
|Relaxation Category||Height in cms||Weight in Kgs||Chest in cms|
|Sons of Servicemen (SOS) / Ex-Servicemen (SOEX)/ War Widows (SOWW) / Widows of Ex-Servicemen.||2||1||2|
|Adopted son / son–in–law of a War Widow, if she has no son including a legally adopted son of Serving Soldier / Ex-Servicemen.||2||1||2|
|Outstanding Sports person with participation and proficiency||2||3||5|
#Join Indian Army Soldier Technical Selection Process 2021
The selection process is completely based on the following Examination
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Medical Test
- Common Entrance Examination (CEE)
Technical entry into the army is a free service. Candidates are advised not to pay bribes to anyone for recruitment as it is based purely on merit.
Selection process during recruitment at all stages is computerized and transparent.
Therefore, candidates are advised to be beware of touts as they cannot help them at any stage.
#PFT (Physical Fitness Test)
(a) Running 1 Mile –
Here your real test starts, running is considered as one of the most difficult parts of army soldier Technical Bharti 2021.
Only 47%* candidates running get through this test. So, prepare well for the running test.
You will be required to complete running of 1 mile/1600 meters within the least possible time. The faster you can complete the race, the better it is for you.
As per general standards, the participants need to complete the race within 5.45 minutes.
(b) Pull Ups – A minimum of 6 pull ups
you need to do, you must be thinking is it a joke? No, don’t even have this thought in your mind that getting the Indian army is easy, it is not easy and you should as well not take it lightly.
You will need to train yourself hard for this because after completing 1mile running it will be very difficult for you to do three push-ups, so train accordingly.
(c) Balance and 9 Feet Ditch
In the balancing test, you have to walk over a narrow zig-zag wooden stand then climb and walk on ropes etc. and remember also you will need to walk through them without falling to qualify this round.
Basically the 9 feet ditch is a test to see how much long jump you can do. To qualify this test you will have to jump a ditch or pit whose length is of 9 feet.
|1.6 Kms Running|
|Group 1 (completed in 5 minutes and 30 seconds)||60|
|Group 2 (completed between in 5 minutes and 30 seconds to 5 minutes and 45 seconds)||48|
|Beam (Pull Ups)|
|10 pull ups||40|
|9 pull ups||33|
|8 pull ups||27|
|7 pull ups||21|
|6 pull ups||16|
|Zig Zag Balance||Just Need to Qualify|
|9 Feet Ditch||Just Need to Qualify|
#Medical Standards for Indian Army soldier Technical 2021
- The candidate preparing for army soldier Technical job 2021 should have tough ability to withstand or overcome adverse conditions physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having a minimum of 5 Cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with both ears in good condition.
- Also must have good binocular vision in both eyes.
- He should be able to read 6/6 in the distant vision chart with each eye.
- Colour vision should be CP-III. Should be able to recognize white, red and green signal colors correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 mtrs
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth that is minimum of 14 dental points.
- Should not have disease like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles
#Indian Army Soldiers Technical Written Exams
- A thorough Written Exam for Indian Army Soldier Technical that is also called the Common Entrance Examination (CEE) is conducted to test verbal and written communication skills, logical reasoning, and a stronghold over basic.
- The written exam of soldier technical comprises of 4 subjects
- General Knowledge
- Location, Date and time of written test will be informed at the rally site.
- Approved candidates will be given Admit Cards for the written exam or CEE for the Rally Fit candidates (Except Relaxation Candidates) will be issued at Rally Site itself.
- Admit cards for the CEE for candidates that come under the Relaxation category (i.e Relationship/Sports/NCC candidates) will be issued after verification from the issuing authority.
- Admit card for the CEE for the cases that are under Review Fit will be issued after getting medically fit approval by concerned specialist / specialists at MH / CH / BH
#Indian Army Technical Paper Exam Pattern
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Total Marks: 100 marks.
- Passing marks: 32 marks.
Army Technical Syllabus for Paper 1: It generally comprises of questions on IQ/Numerical ability, general knowledge, and current affairs
- Duration: ½ hours.
- Total marks: 50 marks.
- Passing marks: 16 marks.
Army Technical Syllabus for Paper 2: It generally comprises Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
#COVID -19 ADVISORY
(a) All candidates will have to produce a COVID-19 free / Asymptomatic Certificate and No Risk Certificate when they report at the recruitment rally ground, the certificate should have been issued within 48 hrs prior to the rally reporting day.
(b) All Candidates having temperature / showing symptoms will be directed to report again on a designated day earmarked by Headquarters Recruiting Zone, for all such cases. If the candidate is again having symptoms, he will not be allowed to participate in the rally.
(c) Candidates are required to carry the mask and hand sanitizer along with them.
Go through the important details section mentioned in the official notification, which is very important.