UP police constable syllabus for sports quota vacancies
Uttar Pradesh police recruitment and promotion board (UPPRPB) had released 534 vacancies for both male and female candidates.
You can check out blog post of UP police vacancy to know about the eligibility criteria, educational qualification, age limit and how to apply. In this blog you will get to know about the exam pattern, subjects, questions and marks and the UP police constable syllabus of UP police exam.
Full details about exam pattern and up police syllabus has been given below. The candidates have to give written exam.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The syllabus of this UP police exam consists of four different subjects they are, general knowledge, general Hindi, reasoning ability and numerical aptitude.
- There will be a total of 150 questions asked with a total of 300 marks.
- The examination of this UP police constable will be held in both Hindi and English languages.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Subjects, questions and marks
- General knowledge consists a total of 38 questions carrying 76 marks.
- General Hindi consists a total of 37 questions carrying 74 marks.
- Numerical and mental ability test portion consist a total of 38 questions for 76 marks.
- Mental aptitude test or intelligence question test or reasoning consists total of 37 questions that carries 74 marks.
UP police constable syllabus
- Syllabus for general knowledge
Scientific progress / Development, Environment and Urbanisation National / International awards, India and its Adjacent countries, Indian languages, Current affairs, Important dates, Human rights, Capital, Currency, Sports, Athletes, Natural resources, Organisations, Books and Authors, Script, Indian economy and culture, Indian agriculture, Indian constitution, Natural resources and Indian and World geography.
- Syllabus for mental aptitude
Logical diagrams, Symbol relationship interpretation, Perception test, Direction sense test, Codification, Letter and Number series, Word formation test, Letter and Number series coding, Common sense test, Word and alphabet analogy, Forcefulness of argument, Logical Interpretation of data and Determining implied meanings.
- Syllabus for Numerical aptitude
Number system, simplification, Decimals and fractions, Ratio and proportion, Percentage, profit and loss, Simple interest, Compound interest, Partnership, Average, Discount, Use of tables and graphs, Time and distance, Time and Work, Mensuration, Arithmetical computations and other analytical functions and Miscellaneous.
- Syllabus for Reasoning ability
Analogies, Similarities, Differences, Decision making, Analysis and judgement, Problem solving, Space visualisation, Visual memory, Arithmetic reasoning, Concepts, Discrimination, Observation, Relationship, Concepts, Verbal and figure classification, Abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, Arithmetical competitions and other analytical functions and Arithmetical number series.
- Syllabus for General Hindi
Idioms phrases, Sentence correction, One word substitution, Synonym, Use of words, Word knowledge, Antonym, letter writing, Question and answers from the passage and Title of the passage.
- Syllabus for Intelligence Quotient
Relationship & Analogy Test, Series Completion, Blood Relation, Problems based on the alphabet, Coding–Decoding, Spotting out the dissimilar, Direction Sense Test, Venn Diagram and chart type test, Mathematical ability Test, Arranging in order and Time sequence test.
- Syllabus for Mental Aptitude Test
Public Interest, Basic Law, Rule of Law, Ability of Adaptability, Law And Order, Communal Harmony, Crime Control, Contemporary Police Issues & Law and order, Professional Information (Basic level.) Police System, Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged, Gender sensitivity, Interest in Profession and Mental Toughness.
So this was the UP police constable syllabus. We hope that you have already filled up the form for UP police sports quota recruitment as the last date of form submission was 31st October 2022. This is a really great opportunity for UP police aspirants. You can check out our website the India result for all the news related to different vacancies and notifications released by government in bank, railways, army, police and other various sectors. Finally we wish you all the best for this vacancy.
Read more: UP police vacancy